The course for LNG and LPG vessels will focus on understanding of the importance of correct Cryogenic piping and flange alignment attached to components such as Compander and BOG compressors.
This course is designed for Hamworthy Oil & Gas System delivered equipment onboard LPG or LNG vessels fitted with Reliquefaction, Regasification or Fuelgas system.
The course participants can be personnel witch will dismantle/assemble pipes prior to the inspection of the equipment during docking, fitters, scaffolding personnel and vessels superintendents.
After the training course the participants will be able to understand what impact pipe stress and pipes that are not correct aligned can have on the equipment, and will be able to rectify these problems if they accrue during vessels stay in the yard. Also the participants will be shown tools and measurements method for this purpose
- An introduction of the relevant equipment and general use onboard
- Information about what temperatures can accrue during running of the equipment
- Information about changes to material characteristics at low temperatures
- Slide presentation showing what is wrong and what is correct based on real life stories
- Introduction of alignment tools for determent flange to flange measurements
- Introduction of alignment tools for sideways alignments and gap alignment
- Suppliers requirements for pipe alignment
- Explanation about the instructions given in manuals and how to understand this